Re: The packages app has a short runway

On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 01:39:47PM +0200, Timothée Floure wrote:
> I still need to handle a few cases (e.g. subpackages) but everything
> looks good so far. Generating the whole static website is quite fast
> (minutes including repository metadata sync, seconds otherwise).
>
> Screenshot attached :-)

Nice. starting to look good. ;)

> I should have something usable by next week. If I were to deploy it
> somewhere, would it be in communityshift (= container)? When is
> communityshift supposed to come back online?

Yeah, that would be a nice place for it.

It goes down monday and back up in a few weeks (depends on how long it
takes to ship and rack up and bring back up).

> Would it be possible to allocate the pkg.fedoraproject.org domain for
> this service?

I think that would be confusing.

We have pkgs.fedoraproject.org (which is the ssh hostname for
src.fedoraproject.org), so pkg would be pretty confusing to them.

I think packages is even confusing too. But I'm not sure what (if
anything) would be less confusing... debian uses 'packages' also, FWIW.

> If there is no server space available due to the datacenter move, I'm
> pretty sure I can ask $DAYJOB (https://datacenterlight.ch/) to sponsor a
> VM for the next few months (against a mention in footer or similar).

Cool. Well, communishift should be back before too long...

kevin