Re: COVID-19 contingency plans for infra and release engineering

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 10:51 AM Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi teams,
>
> As many of you already know, Red Hat has asked all employees to work
> from home. I know that many (most?) of you don't work from a Red Hat
> office normally (particularly if you're not a Red Hat employee!), but
> I want to check on the impact that an extended shutdown might have on
> the infrastructure, particularly the release engineering activities as
> we approach the Fedora 32 GA (currently scheduled for 21 April).

>From RelEng side we are good, but there might be some issues with QA
as some tests are run manually on bare metal machines located at some
of our offices. People will not have access to these machines if the
offices are closed and maybe we have skip them for F32 GA.

> In addition, what are our personnel risks? For example, if Mohan gets
> too sick to work, do we have enough shared knowledge and access to cut
> a release?

Thanks Ben :)
But, I am working on updating the docs so that it will be easier for
either jednorozec or nirik to pick up the work.