Re: Deprecating Autocloud

On 5/2/19 12:53 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-05-02 at 10:15 -0400, Dusty Mabe wrote:

>>> It's all possible with OpenQA, the tests just have to be written. :)
>>
>> I don't know a whole lot about OpenQA but I'm interested to know:
>> Is it easy to start a VM and attach metadata to it (i.e. support cloud-init)?
>
> I'd have to look into it, but it shouldn't be hard. Starting VMs is
> what it *does*, and if it can't support cloud-init already, I can add
> it. I'm on vacation till the 19th, will follow up on this later.

Sounds good.

> It would be a good idea if the actual tests can be shared between test
> systems as much as possible. I know the tests Autocloud ran were
> basically just bash scripts - openQA could easily use those. What do
> the tests run in kola look like?

They are embedded in kola itself. It's very much a focused tool for a
single purpose.

> There's also the question of whether we still want to ship/support the
> Cloud Base images. For now they are still release-blocking
> deliverables, but their status feels a little vague to me. It would be
> good to figure out for sure whether we still consider them important,
> if so why, and if so who is in charge of them.

I think so. Some effort has been made to consolidate cloud/server, but for
right now nothing is broke and people are working on other things so it is
the status quo. You can talk to me or Joe Doss about cloud images if you
have issues.

Dusty