Re: Deprecating Autocloud

On Mon, 2019-04-29 at 18:57 +0530, Sinny Kumari wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 4:47 PM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > It will be nice but I am not aware of any other system in place which
> > > would
> > > replace checks performed by autocloud.
> > >
> > > (CC'ed tflink and kparal)
> > > Does taskotron provides capability to perform tests on Fedora cloud
> > > Images like booting images and other basic checks?
> > >

> > Theoretically it is possible using nested virt. However, Taskotron is
> > going away as well. The replacement is Fedora CI:
> > https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/ci/
> >

> Thanks kamil! yeah, it doesn't make sense to move to Taskotron if it is
> going to be deprecated as well.
>

> > I recommend to ask in the CI list:
> > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/ci%40lists.fedoraproject.org/
> >
> > It should be possible for them to provide the infrastructure you need.
> >

> Hmm, I am not very sure if we should spend time investigating and setting
> up alternative
> to autocloud unless we have usecases for long run. Fedora Atomic Host Two
> Week releases ends with F29 EOL.

We could run these tests in openQA pretty easily, I think. The question
is, I guess, whether they will still be of value for Fedora CoreOS.

I guess to me the real job Autocloud is doing is this: "make sure the
images we intend people to use to run Fedora instances in the cloud
basically work and can do some simple tasks people tend to do with such
images". If the Fedora CoreOS team already is covering this some other
way, or intends to cover it some other way before Fedora CoreOS becomes
a supported thing, then we probably don't need to preserve the
Autocloud tests. If this is not in scope for the Fedora CoreOS
team...we probably still need to do it somewhere else.

So...has anyone asked the Fedora CoreOS team what the plans here are?
:)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey