Re: IRC oncall

Hi All,

On the lates meeting I had the feeling that the team is short on oncall
personel because there are only a handful of people who know the
infrastructure well. Since I'm only a fresh apprentice I doubt I could
help in with this immediately however oncall duty is something that
I've done at my job for 18 years and I'd be happy (and I think I could)
help you out soon if there would be out there someone who could do some
kind of intensive mentoring. What I mean is actively involving me (or
anyone who is interested) to troubleshooting and daily maintenance
work. Describing what are you doing and why. This might slow down these
 troubleshootings for a while but could bring it's fruit on the long
term by having more well trained people available when needed.
I see that the infrastructure we work with is complex and needs time to
learn well but we could speed up the learning process with this kind of
mentoring and ease up the preassure on some of the team members who
already overwhelmed with other duties.
If you think it would worth a shot just ping me, my IRC is 'sapo'

Peter