Re: Bodhi 3.7.0-0.0.beta deployed to stg

On 04/27/2018 04:06 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
> On 04/27/2018 02:04 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
>> I just deployed a Bodhi 3.7.0 beta[0] build to stg[1].

bodhi-3.7.0[0] has now been deployed to production.

> * Include the missing tests in the summary about greenwave’s decision
>   (#2273).

This still doesn't work in staging because staging Greenwave doesn't
show the same response as production Greenwave[1] - however, I think
this will work in production as long as the newer Greenwave from staging
is not deployed to production. I'm hoping I can figure this out with the
Greenwave developers before they need to deploy - it may require a patch
in Greenwave or a patch in Bodhi or both. In the meantime, I expect that
this is working now.

> * Show waivers about an update on its page for easier access to users
>   and admins (#2277).
>
> You had linked to an update that
> had a waiver in the PR, but I don't see any mention of the waiver on its
> page:
>
> https://bodhi.stg.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-ded3dc24e1
>
> Is it broken?

It turns out that this was broken, so Patrick fixed it yesterday[2].

> * Properly call the WaiverDB API when waiving tests from the UI (#2272).
>
> Staging Bodhi doesn't have a WaiverDB token, so I've been unable to test
> this one:
>
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/6891

Staging now has a token, and I was able to use it to test the WaiverDB
integration myself for the first time. There were a number of
significant usability issues[3-6] that are sure to get lots of
complaints if we enable it in production. I personally think the UI is
probably still better than the CLI even with these issues, but threebean
suggested that we should improve the UX before enabling it. I had been a
bit on the fence due to not wanting a flood of support questions in
#fedora-admin, so I'm going with threebean's recommendation for now to
continue to leave the WaiverDB UI turned off in Bodhi until it works
reasonably.

[0] https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/docs/user/release_notes.html
[1] https://pagure.io/greenwave/issue/169#comment-511094
[2] https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/2360