Re: Freeze Break Request: Fix FMN notifications for package (co)maintainers

On 11/06/2017 07:36 AM, Jeremy Cline wrote:
> On 11/02/2017 04:42 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> I'm a bit torn on this one. It seems a bit of a rush to push into prod
>> without having tested the frontends and confirmed that one fix for
>> watchers, but on the other hand nothing around release should block on
>> this and it would be nice to get prod on a code base that we have more
>> confidence in and ability to further fix.
>
> I updated the front-ends last week and things seem to be running
> smoothly. jgrulich also gave staging a test and says it fixed his issue.

Sweet. :)

>> do we have any way to tell what all those bad 25k messages are?
>> Likely copr rubygems rebuild ones? If thats all they are I am fine with
>> dropping them and starting afresh.
>
> Based on the tracebacks in the back-end logs I'd say most of them are
> COPR messages. Obviously there will be a couple other messages stuck
> somewhere in the queue, but I'm not sure how much effort we should put
> in to "save" those. After all, the more time we spend on that, the more
> notifications we lose due to that bug.

Indeed.

ok, I am +1 for just making a new f26 based notifs-backend01 and
installing anew on it and abandoning the old queue.

Can we get one other +1?

I'd be happy to help with this tomorrow, provided we get another +1

kevin