Re: Freeze Break Request: Fix FMN notifications for package (co)maintainers

On 11/02/2017 04:42 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I'm a bit torn on this one. It seems a bit of a rush to push into prod
> without having tested the frontends and confirmed that one fix for
> watchers, but on the other hand nothing around release should block on
> this and it would be nice to get prod on a code base that we have more
> confidence in and ability to further fix.

I updated the front-ends last week and things seem to be running
smoothly. jgrulich also gave staging a test and says it fixed his issue.

> do we have any way to tell what all those bad 25k messages are?
> Likely copr rubygems rebuild ones? If thats all they are I am fine with
> dropping them and starting afresh.

Based on the tracebacks in the back-end logs I'd say most of them are
COPR messages. Obviously there will be a couple other messages stuck
somewhere in the queue, but I'm not sure how much effort we should put
in to "save" those. After all, the more time we spend on that, the more
notifications we lose due to that bug.

--
Jeremy Cline
XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxx