Re: https blogs?

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 18:19 +0100, Brian Exelbierd wrote:

> This is a very reasonable proposal, but could represent a problem for
> some in an indirect way.  My personal blog is currently hosted in a
> manner that makes using https not possible.[^0]  I don't know if
> others are in a similar situation, but it is reasonable to think
> so.  Enabling https is one thing, but in my case a full migration
> will be required.  Is there a reason we need to require the blogs
> that are aggregated to be https and not just encourage it and move
> the planet to https?

Sounds like we may be in the same boat...

I use github pages with a custom domain and it does not appear to
support https at the moment. I am researching to see if that is
accurate and what my other options are.

Perhaps when we announce this it would be good to have a few Fedora
Magazine / CommBlog article on how to enable https:// on popular blog
hosting sites that people may use in addition to some options for
people to migrate too.

Charles