Re: Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Alberto Rodriguez

On 01/20/2017 12:23 AM, Alberto Rodriguez S wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a bachelor degree in Computer engineering, 15 years of experience
> using Unix/Linux systems and 10 years administering it (mostly Solaris,
> Debian, CentOS, Arch Linux and RHEL 5.5,6 and 7),I'm a relatively new on
> Fedora (One year), I worked for three years in Support/HelpDesk area of
> a large Telephony/Voip enterprise, so I am familiar with ticketing
> systems like Trac, OTRS and Oracle Siebel (Recently Pagure). Actually
> I'm a Master degree student in optimization (Mathematics oriented) in
> one of three major public universities in Mexico (the third :D).
>
> In my university, I founded a LUG many years ago, Certainly a LUG is not
> a distro centered organization but i found in fedora a good balance with
> the (cutting edge) technologies present in the industry and the tools
> needed in many research fields.
>
> FAS: bt0dotninja
>
> IRC: bt0
>
> Skills:
>
> Programming:
>
>     * C/C++ (mostly for scientific computing MPI,CUDA,etc)
>
>     * Python 2
>
>     * R
>
>     * Bash/ksh scripting
>
> sysadmin:
>
>     * Chef and Ansible
>
>     * I don't have any linux specific certification, only CCNA R&S and
>     Avaya Related support certifications
>
>     * I have a lot of experience on Outages and disaster recovery
>
>     * I have cold blood
>

> Associations:
>
>     * Soul-Tlamaqui (means 'free soul') LUG.
>     * Fedora Commops and Dotnet-sig
>
> I want to join in the fi-apprentice group because I can help at first by
> writing some easyfix related SOPs [I just read
> https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/docs/infra-sop.rst ]
>
> Best Regarts, Alberto

Hi Alberto, welcome to the list! Happy to see you checking out Fedora
Infrastructure and looking at some of the easyfix tickets! Fortunately,
there are many things related to Python and Ansible that you can look
into. You can see all of Fedora's Ansible playbooks and other bits and
pieces here:

    https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/tree/

Additionally, if you're into Python development, you can check out some
of Fedora's projects here on GitHub:

    https://github.com/fedora-infra/

I also know a lot of things are moving over to Pagure, but I'm not sure
if there's a good link like the above one to show all of the various
repos or not. In either case, feel free to look through the above for
something interesting, and if you have questions, we can help answer them.

As for the Apprentice program, another member can sponsor you into the
group. I'm sure someone will be able to get around to it Monday, if not
a little sooner.

Welcome again, and if you have any questions, feel free to reach out! :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory