Re: The Future of Ask Fedora (potentially: hosted by upstream)

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 03:42:37PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Okay, so.... needs here are:
>

> Sysadminy/packager stuff:
>
>   - some more hands on deck for routine administration
>
>   - updating to newest codebase
>     - package as RPM?
>     - update ansible playbooks
>
>   - reconfiguration on site itself to better match high-load site
>

> Developery stuff (in my rough order of priority)
>
>   - Fix the "closed: answered" reason (as I've discussed before)
>
>   - Make duplicate handling useful — include voting system
>
>   - Creation of a real "meta" subsite
>
>   - A flagging system for issues beyond "offensive"
>
>   - Insight into things like most viewed, most duplicated, and most
>     upvoted questions, so we can consider creating Fedora Magazine
>     articles and more formal documentation for those things.
>
>   - Rework notifications so they more useful (broken down by
>     categories, not punishing users for helping copy-edit questions)
>
>   - Ability to put questions in need of help (for example, unclear
>     with not enough information) on hold rather than closing outright
>
>   - Community review queues a la Stack Exchange
>
>   - Tie in better to Fedora Badges (possibly completely disable
>     integrated badges)
>
> This doesn't all need to be instant, but I'd like to be moving towards
> it....

Why not adding it to the next GSoC then? It really seems like we need a
few very specific features. Also, it would possibly bring some potential
maintainer for ask on board.

Of course it would have to wait until march/may, when students start
looking for projects, unless we add it to the gsoc page already and
maybe people would start working on it sooner.

--
Athos Ribeiro

http://www.ime.usp.br/~athoscr