Re: Cert penning, Certs and related

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016, at 10:53 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> FYI, I marked this thread to reply to, but I simply have not had time
> lately with last week on site at the datacenter and this weekend
> prepping for the flag day and this week helping people with fallout
> from the flag day.
>
> I'll try and get back to this this week, but please have some patience.

That's fine!  This seems like something we can get done if someone has
a chance to focus on it for a day or two.

To summarize then, my understanding is:

- Fedora chooses 1-2 other CA providers to use as backup, and acquires
   certs from those providers for at least:
   * mirrors.fedoraproject.org
   * kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org
   (Or maybe it's simpler to just do all of *fedoraproject.org, either way)
- I will take care of prepping a patch for just the ostree portion of
  Atomic Host to use this configuration
- We'll create a wiki page collaboratively describing this, and
   post to fedora-devel how to enable it with the rpm-md configuration,
   and have interested testers try it

- At some point later, we change the fedora-repos package to enable
  that configuration by default

One thing this likely will break is people who run things like
`sed -i -e s,baseurl=.*,http://myinternalmirror.corp.example.com /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo`,
but I think we'll get past those types of minor things over time;
the security win is worth it.