Re: Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Davide Olivieri

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 17:43:30 +0000 (UTC)
<daleko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> My name is Davide and I am writing from Poland.
> I would like to join the Fedora infrastructure team to learn new
> things and contribute to the distribution. I have some experience in
> dealing with production servers as I'm currently working as an
> application support/maintenance engineer for a solution for security
> financing running on RedHat. In the past I worked in similar roles
> for enterprise backup/restore and cryptography solutions (Backup Exec
> and PGP). For about half a year I also worked in a data center mainly
> dealing with alerts incoming from monitoring tools. I hold a RHCSA
> certification (license 160-036-125), I am familiar with perl 5 and
> bash and occasionally package software with RPM for personal use.
>
> I would be happy to perform any task but I am really interested in
> acquiring knowledge on the following stuff:
>
> * Fedora services and ecosystem
> * Ansible
> * OS deployment* Work with file servers* Advanced configuration of
> http servers (Apache already gave me some headaches)
> * Enhance servers security
>
> As of now the time I could dedicate to Fedora is about 4/5 hours per
> week.I have a home server used as KVM hyper-visor that I could use
> for testing out things.
>
> My registered nick on freenode is daleko, I hope to hear from any of
> you. Thank you!
> Cheers,Davide

Welcome Davide!

I see you were able to make it on to #fedora-admin this weekend and we
got you added to the apprentice group.

Do take a look at the easyfix tickets and feel free to ask any
questions you run into...

kevin