Re: Warn secondary arch folks about change involving: ExclusiveArch or ExcludesArch

On viernes, 28 de octubre de 2016 4:04:11 PM CDT Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 02:15:51PM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > On miércoles, 19 de octubre de 2016 12:46:04 PM CDT Pierre-Yves Chibon
wrote:
> > > Good Morning,
> > >
> > > Rel-eng has been wanting a got hook that would notify the people
> > > involved
> > > with secondary arches about changes made to packages involving
> > > ExclusiveArch or ExcludesArch.
> > >
> > > I took a stab at this hook today and I would like to offer the result
> > > for
> > > review.
> > >
> > > So with this email is an ansible patch adding the hook and installing it
> > > in
> > > our repos.
> > >
> > > Things that needs to be tweaked:
> > > - Where to send the email?
> > > - Turn off debug after we confirmed it works
> > > - Currently I install the script as a file not a template, so the URL to
> > > point to commits in CGIT will be the same in prod and in stg.
> > >
> > > Comments and thoughts more than welcome :)
> >
> > It should be tied into fmn for noticiations for those that care about
> > them.
> > there is groups for the secondary arches in fas, at the least members of
> > the groups should get them. it is not for just alternative arches. but
> > people should be able to opt in for all arch exclusions or even just
> > x86_64
> So while this is an interesting idea it involves quite a bit more work than
> what we have now.
> So what about deploying this first instance and pointing the notifications
> to that <that_FAS_group>-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and see from there if we
> want to go the fedmsg, fedmsg_meta, FMN way.

so anything that adds or excludes %{arm} armv7hl aarch64 should go to fedora-
arm-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ppc64 ppc64p7 and ppc64le should go to fedora-ppc-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and snything excluding s390x should go to fedora-s390-
members@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

none of the other arches are setup with fas groups. but maybe we should add
one for i386 and x86_64  there is possibly some value in having things go to
the secondary arch list.

> Thoughts?
sounds like a good start. I need to file some tickets to expand fmn, fedmsg
etc coverage for release deliverables also. so when cloud images fail people
that care get notification etc

Dennis