Re: Ask Fedora: unconfigure or completely patch out "Closed: question is answered"

On 21 October 2016 at 19:41, Brian Exelbierd <bex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Resending so it hits the list.

>> One part of me says "there aren't enough contributors actively helping
>> here to justify having it as a resource", but another part sees the
>> great value in the fedmsg integration with Ask and how it does bring
>> people and contributors *into* the project community.
>
> Do we have activity statistics for the Ask site?  Can we determine if
> non-contributors are using it and actually getting help?

We have usage statistics but not 'activity' statistics. Those would
have to be gotten from inside of the tool which would require domain
knowledge we don't have.  Usage wise it is one of our largest used
sites. However that as you state not the same as activity where we see
if someone is engaging and adding, helping, etc.

I expect that there is a community on it but it is self-segregated in
the same way that many of our other communities are: The irc community
is not exactly the email community which is not exactly the wiki
community which .. there is some overlap but not a large size. In
order to get more information about it we need to engage in the
channel.

> Should we make a push in the commblog for interested parties to come
> forward?  My gut feeling is that, as others have said in the thread, we
> don't need any more bad open source copies making information hard to
> find and growing weeds.
>
> If there is an actual user community then we may choose to keep it
> around and try to work harder on finding maintainers.  If not, we can
> give more serious thought to shutting it down, possibly as part of a
> larger review of how we communicate with various platforms in general
> (huge poop storm as someone said).
>
> regards,
>
> bex

Stephen J Smoogen.