Re: Ask Fedora: unconfigure or completely patch out "Closed: question is answered"

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 08:19:43 -0400
Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've posted about this before but I just saw it again today and it
> makes me sad. For whatever strange reason, Askbot comes with a "Closed
> for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was
> accepted" option. This is *completely* antithetical to the idea of
> building a high-value store of useful information.
>
> I guess it might make sense for a helpdesk-style system where we
> expect each issue to be a one-off, but that's not generally the case
> here.
>
> At the same time, I don't blame users/moderators for hitting this
> button, because its very presence suggests that it's the right thing
> to do. Can we:
>
> a. reopen all questions closed this way
>
> and
>
> b. remove the option and make sure it doesn't come back?

We can try, but as smooge noted we don't really have anyone working on
the askbot code base / database and not sure when someone might have
cycles to look into it.

I don't see any existing option for this, but there is a related
perhaps "What should "unanswered question" mean?" and it's set to
"Question has no answers" with the other option being "Question has no
accepted answers"

We may be able to ask upstream for options around this... we can't be
the only ones who want this.

kevin