Re: Warn secondary arch folks about change involving: ExclusiveArch or ExcludesArch

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 11:13:25AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:46:04 +0200
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Good Morning,
> >
> > Rel-eng has been wanting a got hook that would notify the people
> > involved with secondary arches about changes made to packages
> > involving ExclusiveArch or ExcludesArch.
> >
> > I took a stab at this hook today and I would like to offer the result
> > for review.
> >
> > So with this email is an ansible patch adding the hook and installing
> > it in our repos.
> >
> > Things that needs to be tweaked:
> > - Where to send the email?
> > - Turn off debug after we confirmed it works
> > - Currently I install the script as a file not a template, so the URL
> > to point to commits in CGIT will be the same in prod and in stg.
> >
> > Comments and thoughts more than welcome :)
>
> It looks fine to me, but I thought we were going to move away from
> 'secondary arch' in favor of 'alternative arch' ?

That can very well be and I missed it, so let's please s/secondary/alternative/g
here :)

> But I guess this is
> really just anything excluded, it could be a primary as well?

The hook will point out any commit that is touching either ExclusiveArch or
ExcludesArch, regardless of the arch impacted.
There will be false-positive for sure (for example epel packages introduced in
certain arch which doesn't exist in RHEL).

> I guess the email might go to the releng list? Or devel I suppose, but
> might be noisy there.

Is there an alternative-arch-sig list of some sort?

Pierre