Re: Warn secondary arch folks about change involving: ExclusiveArch or ExcludesArch

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:46:04 +0200
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> Rel-eng has been wanting a got hook that would notify the people
> involved with secondary arches about changes made to packages
> involving ExclusiveArch or ExcludesArch.
>
> I took a stab at this hook today and I would like to offer the result
> for review.
>
> So with this email is an ansible patch adding the hook and installing
> it in our repos.
>
> Things that needs to be tweaked:
> - Where to send the email?
> - Turn off debug after we confirmed it works
> - Currently I install the script as a file not a template, so the URL
> to point to commits in CGIT will be the same in prod and in stg.
>
> Comments and thoughts more than welcome :)

It looks fine to me, but I thought we were going to move away from
'secondary arch' in favor of 'alternative arch' ? But I guess this is
really just anything excluded, it could be a primary as well?

I guess the email might go to the releng list? Or devel I suppose, but
might be noisy there.

kevin