Re: Quick note regarding https in doc

On 08/19/2016 08:30 AM, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Patrick and I also disagree on using DNS name in some part of the kickstart doc, so
> if there is anything not working, please feel free to fix :)

I believe there was a reason for not using DNS for external installs --
see bf4ce250 which specifically adds this section using IPs for non-phx2
hosts.

And now especially since we don't set nameservers anywhere in that
grubby line, I'm not sure what it will try to default to, but whatever
it defaults to, it's another thing we're depending on working -
something we probably want to minimize for bare-metal reinstalls,
especially in places where we don't have working consoles.

-Ricky