Re: Can not download repomd.xml for rawhide-source repo.

Hi, Kevin

Thanks for the replying.
Now I could understand the situation, clearly!
Let me comment as follows.

> > Case [1][2]: got an error for "dnf repoquery". but [3] it works.
> > Does Fedora infra team need to modify server settings to fix this
> > error?
> >

> > - Case [1]
> > $ sudo vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo
> > [rawhide-source]
> > baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/
> >
> > $ dnf repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch src --whatrequires
> > 'rubygem(acts_as_list)' Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo
> > 'rawhide-source' from
> > 'http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/':
> > Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All
> > mirrors were tried
> >
> > When I clicked
> > http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS
> > by my Firefox, its URL was redirected to
> > http://mirrors.nic.cz/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/
> > and the URL was not found (404). (cz domain is because I was in Czech
> > Republic).
>

> Right. download.fedoraproject.org is a redirect that redirects you to a
> mirror. Sometimes (especially after things like Alpha release, or
> rawhide not composing for the last 4 days and working today) it takes
> a while for mirrors to catch up, so you may be redirected to a mirror
> thats not up to date.
>
> Note that this is not the default setting. You set it yourself.

Okay, I understood it. I take note that sometimes "Not found (404)" can be happened.
Yes, I changed the default setting by myself.

> > - Case [2]
> > $ sudo vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo
> > [rawhide-source]
> > metalink=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide-source&arch=$basearch
> >
> > $ dnf repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch src --whatrequires
> > 'rubygem(acts_as_list)' Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo
> > 'rawhide-source' from
> > 'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide-source&arch=x86_64':
> > Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All
> > mirrors were tried
> >
> > I clicked
> > https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide-source&arch=x86_64,
> > and downloaded "metalink" text file by my Firefox. Though several
> > link sites were "not found 404" for the repomd.xml. I could find one
> > available link site, that is the link of [3].
>
> So, like I mentioned above... rawhide hasnt been composing until late
> yesterday. So, possibly all mirrors got marked out of date... I see
> some synced now. Is this working for you now?

Unfortunately, for this case [2], it is still not working now.

$ dnf repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch src --whatrequires 'rubygem(acts_as_list)'
Fedora 23 - x86_64 - Updates                                             56 MB/s |  20 MB     00:00
Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'rawhide-source' from 'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide-source&arch=x86_64': Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All mirrors were tried

> > - Case [3]
> > $ sudo vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo
> > [rawhide-source]
> > baseurl=http://ftp.uninett.no/linux/fedora/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/
> >
> > $ dnf repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch src --whatrequires
> > 'rubygem(acts_as_list)' Fedora - Rawhide -
> > Source                                               3.6 MB/s | 6.1
> > MB     00:01 Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:00 ago on Tue Mar
> > 29 12:10:32 2016 => OK
>
> ok.
>
> So, in short, I think this is caused by the failure of rawhide to
> compose for more days than mirrormanager keeps to consider mirrors up
> to date and should now be cleared up.

I got it. Thanks.

Best,
Jun