Re: Can not download repomd.xml for rawhide-source repo.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 10:24:58 -0000
"Jun Aruga" <jaruga@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Fedora Infra team
>
> Can I ask you a question about fedora-rawhide repo?

Sure.

> Case [1][2]: got an error for "dnf repoquery". but [3] it works.
> Does Fedora infra team need to modify server settings to fix this
> error?
>

> - Case [1]
> $ sudo vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo
> [rawhide-source]
> baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/
>
> $ dnf repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch src --whatrequires
> 'rubygem(acts_as_list)' Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo
> 'rawhide-source' from
> 'http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/':
> Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All
> mirrors were tried
>
> When I clicked
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS
> by my Firefox, its URL was redirected to
> http://mirrors.nic.cz/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/
> and the URL was not found (404). (cz domain is because I was in Czech
> Republic).

Right. download.fedoraproject.org is a redirect that redirects you to a
mirror. Sometimes (especially after things like Alpha release, or
rawhide not composing for the last 4 days and working today) it takes
a while for mirrors to catch up, so you may be redirected to a mirror
thats not up to date.

Note that this is not the default setting. You set it yourself.

> - Case [2]
> $ sudo vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo
> [rawhide-source]
> metalink=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide-source&arch=$basearch
>
> $ dnf repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch src --whatrequires
> 'rubygem(acts_as_list)' Error: Failed to synchronize cache for repo
> 'rawhide-source' from
> 'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide-source&arch=x86_64':
> Cannot download repomd.xml: Cannot download repodata/repomd.xml: All
> mirrors were tried
>
> I clicked
> https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rawhide-source&arch=x86_64,
> and downloaded "metalink" text file by my Firefox. Though several
> link sites were "not found 404" for the repomd.xml. I could find one
> available link site, that is the link of [3].

So, like I mentioned above... rawhide hasnt been composing until late
yesterday. So, possibly all mirrors got marked out of date... I see
some synced now. Is this working for you now?

> - Case [3]
> $ sudo vi /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-rawhide.repo
> [rawhide-source]
> baseurl=http://ftp.uninett.no/linux/fedora/development/rawhide/source/SRPMS/
>
> $ dnf repoquery --enablerepo=rawhide-source --arch src --whatrequires
> 'rubygem(acts_as_list)' Fedora - Rawhide -
> Source                                               3.6 MB/s | 6.1
> MB     00:01 Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:00 ago on Tue Mar
> 29 12:10:32 2016 => OK

ok.

So, in short, I think this is caused by the failure of rawhide to
compose for more days than mirrormanager keeps to consider mirrors up
to date and should now be cleared up.

kevin