Re: Dropping gitolite and breaking stg

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 01:11:06PM -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> PC> For a little while now I have been wondering about dropping gitolite
> PC> for pagure.  Gitolite has quite a lot of advantages:
>
> I also want to add that the developer of gitolite has worked with us
> pretty closely to develop things to meet our needs.  Not that this
> should prevent us from moving to something that fits better if that's
> what people want to do, but it might be nice to at least talk to the
> guy.  Though I doubt there's much anyone could do about it being written
> in perl.

Oh, I know, I have been in contact with upstream gitolite when we migrated to
gitolite 3. They have been very helpful at all time.

The proposal here is not meant against gitolite in any way, it is working and
working fine for our current needs. We twist its harm a little but thanks to
upstream we can.
My idea of replacing gitolite is more meant to tighten a little bit different
pieces of our infra.

Pierre