Re: Dropping gitolite and breaking stg

On 2016-02-17 7:30, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:11:09 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One question though, looking at our current setup, we allow people to
create their own branch, and not to delete it, right?
I am curious if anyone can create a branch on a package, I'm not
seeing something in the gitolite repo that would prevent me from
creating a branch on a package I don't maintain (assuming I am not
provenpackager), but maybe I've missed it.

Right. Currently we allow anyone with commits to make branches, but
then they don't have permissions to ever remove them. This is because
we don't have a way to tell koji to only do official builds from
specific known branches. If we could be sure that our official builds
never get made from branches that get deleted we could I think allow
anyone with commits to create and delete branches.

One potential way to address that problem is by tagging each build in git, perhaps with a script that watches fedmsg for successful builds. As long as those tags persist there is no need to worry about what branches may have contained them in the past.

--
Garrett Holmstrom