Re: Dropping gitolite and breaking stg

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:11:09 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good morning everyone,

...snip plan to switch to async service from gitolite...

> One question though, looking at our current setup, we allow people to
> create their own branch, and not to delete it, right?
> I am curious if anyone can create a branch on a package, I'm not
> seeing something in the gitolite repo that would prevent me from
> creating a branch on a package I don't maintain (assuming I am not
> provenpackager), but maybe I've missed it.

Right. Currently we allow anyone with commits to make branches, but
then they don't have permissions to ever remove them. This is because
we don't have a way to tell koji to only do official builds from
specific known branches. If we could be sure that our official builds
never get made from branches that get deleted we could I think allow
anyone with commits to create and delete branches.

It might be nice if we could fix this as part of this change. ;)

> So what do you think of this?

I think it's worth looking into at least. ;)

> Would you be ok with me breaking pkgs.stg.fp.o to do some testing? If
> so I will try not to break things in a non-reversible way :).
> AFAICS, the only thing I'd need to change is the
> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys files for the users and add an
> pkgdb_async_client RPM or so that would be call upon login and
> contain the git hook.

Sure. We can (and already should) do a reinstall of it anyhow.

kevin