Re: Dropping gitolite and breaking stg

On Wed 17 Feb 2016 04:30:56 PM CET Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:11:09 +0100
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Good morning everyone,
>
> ...snip plan to switch to async service from gitolite...
>
>> One question though, looking at our current setup, we allow people to
>> create their own branch, and not to delete it, right?
>> I am curious if anyone can create a branch on a package, I'm not
>> seeing something in the gitolite repo that would prevent me from
>> creating a branch on a package I don't maintain (assuming I am not
>> provenpackager), but maybe I've missed it.
>
> Right. Currently we allow anyone with commits to make branches, but
> then they don't have permissions to ever remove them. This is because
> we don't have a way to tell koji to only do official builds from
> specific known branches. If we could be sure that our official builds
> never get made from branches that get deleted we could I think allow
> anyone with commits to create and delete branches.
>
> It might be nice if we could fix this as part of this change. ;)

I wonder if this is even required - even if someone *did* build official
build and then removed the branch you still have srpm after all. The
interesting content is all there I believe.

It might be easier to do a verification on release/update if that hash
still exists (if really required)

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>
Business System Analyst, PnT DevOps PMO Team - Brno

PGP: 7B087241