REMINDER: ansible workflow

Greetings.

I thought I would send out this reminder as it's bitten us a few times
recently.

When you commit something to ansible, you are saying:
"This is the desired state".

This means you should run any affected playbooks and confirm that the
changes have been pushed out and are working as you expect. If you are
unable to do this, please revert back to the last state that actually
reflects whats on the machines you are managing.

At any time ansible could be run with your changes and push them out
with unrelated changes, possibly causing breakage. It then falls to
whoever last ran ansible to fix your previous changes, possibly without
you around, which is unfair and wrong.

If you make some changes and don't have the access to push them out,
please contact someone who does to make them live and confirm they are
working as expected.

If there's some reason you are in the middle of some complex changes
and don't wish them to be pushed yet, please let everyone else who
could be doing ansible runs that that is the case.

Thank you all.

kevin