Re: 2-Factor Authentication for private repos?

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 12:49:59PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> I think it would be nice to explore making our dist-git more secure.

Since access to dist-git (e.g. ssh keys) is managed via FAS, initially
FAS should require 2FA if you require 2FA for other services. This might
already be a problem for current sudo 2FA if someone can just change the
2FA token using only the FAS password. I am not familiar enough with the
internals of Fedora's 2FA.

> I guess the highest level here would be just to require ssh key and
> 2factor auth to push dist-git commits. That might really annoy
> maintainers that push lots of commits though.

For this SSH connection multiplexing might ease things, where you 2FA
authenticate the initial connection can are allowed to push to repos as
long as the initial connection is open. So it is not just an IP that is
whitelisted (which might be accessible to multiple users, e.g. on
conferences) but the connection.

Regards
Till