Re: Inform GitLab devs about the current situation (was: Interested in Gitlab for Fedora Hosted Projects | GSoC 2013)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 15:48:13 -0500
Jeffrey Ollie <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > So, I would concentrate on the packaging effort at this point.
>
> Getting GitLab packaged is going to be a tremendous effort, if only
> because of the massive number of Ruby Gem dependencies.  If someone
> can sweet-talk Google into paying him/her to wrangle all of those
> packages through review more power to them!

Additionally, as noted by Toshio, it's not simply getting things
packaged and past review, but also there needs to be folks willing to
maintain the packages longer term too.

kevin