Re: Inform GitLab devs about the current situation (was: Interested in Gitlab for Fedora Hosted Projects | GSoC 2013)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:15:11 +0300
Axilleas Pipinellis <axilleas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for hijacking Ankur's thread, but since the deadline of the
> gsoc application is approaching we need to know if this project
> stands as valid. I crafted a draft post [0] to send to gitlab's
> group. Please review it and let me know.

What is the project as it stands? ;)

I think an excellent and valid GSoC project would be to package gitlab
and it's dependencies in Fedora/EPEL. This would allow all Fedora/RHEL
users to easily install gitlab.

As for using it in Fedora infrastructure we can deal with that after
it's packaged up and in the mean time talk with upstream and ask them
to consider our needs and possibly by the time everything is packaged
up there will be some solution.

So, I would concentrate on the packaging effort at this point.

kevin