Re: Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Ivan Dvornikov

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:07:44 +1100
Ivan Dvornikov <nezde6nij@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, Kevin
> I don't know from what to start. I read Getting Started, write Hi in
> chat :) but how to begin help project?

It's difficult to get started I know. Hanging out on irc and chiming in
with questions or asking if you can help on things helps sometimes.
Or adding comments to tickets asking for more info or how you can help
sometimes helps.

> I see the tickets for example
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3736 i can try
> to help do this. How i can look at this server? So, i need help, guru,
> teacher, roadmap.

First we need to get you added to the apprentice group.
Catch me (or any of the apprentice sponsors) on #fedora-admin and we
can get you setup. Next you need to get setup to ssh into lockbox01
(our management host). From there you can check out the puppet repo and
look at the current nagios config and see how to add more things to it.
Then you can propose a patch that fixes the ticket on the ticket. ;)

> Meetings every Thursday very early for me 5 am.

yeah, thats a bit early I agree. ;)

There are often people around in #fedora-admin, #fedora-noc and
#fedora-apps at all hours.

kevin