Setting up GitLab for fedorahosted.org

Greetings from a newly registered member!

I've seen the 'GSoC @ Infra' thread but I didn't want to hijack it nor do I know how to reply to a thread through mailman...

I will be applying for GSoC this summer and GitLab is my first priority as I have been using it since version 2 and I want to contribute in any way I can. I have been talking with Vit Ondruch about the packaging procedure and I just sent a mail [0] to the ruby-sig list too, regarding this.

I have also read last year's discussion [1] and it was made clear by Dan Allen [2] that besides the whole implementation thing, it is as important to find some people that will maintain the project longterm. And I am willing to do this. I don't know if it is possible for more than one person to work on a project during GSoC, but another fellow is interested in this as well [3]. So, now we are two :p

This should be very interesting and I am looking forward to hearing from the infra team :)

Regards,

Axilleas

[0] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ruby-sig/2013-March/001270.html [1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2012-March/011466.html
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/gitlabhq/SQMDi-yyXmU