Re: Fedocal to prod?

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:34:31 -0500
Ralph Bean <rbean@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I think admin.fedoraproject.org/calendar or perhaps
> > > apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar would be fine.
> >
> > hm, since it needs login shouldn't it be admin?
>
> I'm not sure what the original reason for the distinction was, but fyi
> apps.fedoraproject.org/tagger requires login.

Originally, admin.fedoraproject.org was setup as https only and
applications under there could share cookies, so you could login to
say bodhi and get automatically logged into pkgdb.

When we reorganized things a while back the thought was that
'admin.fedoraproject.org' confuses people because it looks like some
kind of administrative site, not an end user facing application.

So, we have been moving to move applications to
'apps.fedoraproject.org'.

> If it's just an aesthetic choice, I prefer the apps.fp.o/calendar one.
> Either way, I can add this to the apps.fp.o/ landing page when its
> ready.

Cool.

kevin