Re: GSoC idea to setup Gitlab for Fedora Hosted

În data de Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:31:51 +0200, Jeffrey S. Haemer <jeffrey.haemer@xxxxxxxxx> a scris:

Stas,

Looks like fun.  Fedora Hosted supports a variety of SCM tools, not just
git.  Is there a way to fit Gitlab in with that?

I'm afraid in case of other SCM systems we are limited to Git right now, and in future only to distributed systems. It also means that Gitlab will have to be seriously patched[1] to work with systems like mercurial or bzr.

Regarding subversion, I believe we can offer support for that through git-svn, basically svn repositories won't be touched, but mirrored to keep svn users inside gitlab. I've been using svn2git[2] more or less successfully to mirror some svn projects on github.

[1]: https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/blob/master/app/models/project.rb#L327
[2]: https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git