Introduction

Hi all,

I'm following along with the wiki and have reached the point where I need to send an introduction e-mail to the list. :)

My name is Mike Santangelo and I'm a linux consultant within Red Hat. I decided I wanted to get more involved and volunteer in the Fedora side of the house as my time permits, so the infrastructure team looked like a good place for me and my skills.

I've been working with various *nix's for around 17 years now, starting with AT&T Unix way back in '92. Solaris was probably the OS I worked with the most leading up to when I started working on Red Hat products full time. I have worked with Red Hat products professionally off and on since 2002 or so, and been experimenting with various Linux flavors since the late 90's.

I'm an RHCE with a Certificate of Expertise in Enterprise Storage Management (GFS and Clustering), and hope to get my certificate in Satellite soon. I have done a lot of engagements centered around Satellite and Clustering in the last year and a half so I am fairly strong on those technologies. I'm also a very good troubleshooter, which I think is my strongest skill. That, and I'm not afraid to go ask for help if I don't know something.

I hope to be able to make some of the meetings soon. Since I'm a consultant I am on the road a lot so schedules can be tough, but I will definitely try. I'm not involved in anything else with Fedora yet, as infrastructure seemed like the natural first place for me as I looked around.

Thanks and look forward to working with everyone,

-Mike