Re: hosting git conversion of Fedora CVS tree on fedora infrastructure?

Jim Meyering wrote:
seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 17:25 +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:

At 5GB+, (4.5GB for a copy of the cvs repo + 700MB for git) that's too
heavy for me.  And besides, it'd really be better under the Fedora
umbrella.  Seeing as how much more efficient the git protocol is,
if a few people switch to it from cvs, it'd actually decrease network
bandwidth requirements.
The problem is we're not running out of network bandwidth most of the
time. We're running out of disk space. Pretty badly, too.

One big advantage to switching from CVS to git is the savings in
disk space.  With the example above it's pretty obvious: you can
save exactly the same information using git in 1/6 to 1/4th the space.

Clearly you have tenacity and a desire to see change. If I were you I'd join the SCMSig:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/SCMSig (some of us still hang out in #fedora-scm)

Schedule and request a meeting, host that meeting and have your voice be heard. I, for one, would attend whatever meeting you schedule and many others in the sig would as well. Take a deep breath, send the email and dive right in. (I'm being totally serious here, I'll be disappointed if I don't get a meeting request soon :-P

   -Mike