Re: wiki madness

Chuck Anderson wrote:
On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 12:49:31AM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
Option 3: Roll our own TurboGears wiki

Advantages:
- We're in control (workflow, features, upstream, etc.)
- Integration with FAS is trivial

Disadvantages:
- Almost no current specifications
- Minimal existing code (based on requirements)
- Smaller developer base
- Content many need to be transcribed (based on requirements)
- GSoC work may need retooling (based on requirements)

Won't there be performance problems with a TurboGears-based wiki? I thought MirrorManager was having issues with TG performance and had to enable form-data caching to get acceptable performance at the cost of possibly stale data. I don't know the details behind it, but that was the reason I was given for why when you edit forms in MM it sometimes returns old pre-edit field values.

Correct me if I'm wrong mdomsch, but I think the performance issues were with the database having to hit it with every request. The same would happen with any other framework that was coded the same way.

   -Mike