Re: speeding up moinmoin page save operations for fp.o wiki

justin randell wrote:
so, do people think i should work in the 1.6 code or the 1.7 code? i
note that there is already some work in the 1.7 branch for fedora
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode/2007/VillePekkaVainio),
but i'm guessing we might want some results sooner than that?

I wonder why they're working on the 1.7 branch already since 1.5.8 is the newest version. I'd say work on the 1.6 code. When is 1.7 set to be made available?
also, i should create a page in the fedora wiki to track this?

I wouldn't think we need a whole page for it. We basically have 2 primary needs as I seem the.

1) Faster page save times
2) Making it highly available

We had a 3rd but fcgid seems to have masked that problem pretty well. We're still keeping an eye on it but so far things are looking good.

   -Mike