Re: Fedora 7 Upgrade

Jesse Keating wrote:
My personal thought is anything that doesn't require the specifics of a Fedora release should be on RHEL5/CentOS5. I can only think of a couple things that need the specifics, the mash box and the updates system, and those should be on Fedora 7.

I agree, I had no plans on upgrading any of our RHEL boxes (except for cvs and db1 but will stay in the RHEL upgrade path). For those of you that are new on the list we've had a lot of discussions about this in the past. Our team, for the most part, agrees that its about picking the right tool for the job. For boxes that don't need brand new technologies (like cvs) its nice to be able to set them up and forget about them. But for some boxes that do need the latest and greatest (like our builders) we've always had and kept them on Fedora.

   -Mike