Re: Ambassador Aliases

On 4/30/07, Gerold Kassube <gerold@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
it is a "nice to have" ...
not a "must" to have a firstname.lastname@xxxx ...

Why everybody want to discuss decissions?

Sometimes, I thought I better took the red pill ...

Regards

GeroldKa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think there has been a mis-interpretation in following line:

* All alises for the ambassadors must be firstname.lastname@xxxx

What it really means, if someone *really* needs to use name based
email alias, we must use "FirstName.LastName" convention.

This does not change anything in new policy which is we use
fedora-username@xxxx by default.

Until the new policy implemented, many of our Ambassadors have been
using firstname.lastname@xxxx for their contacts.

As you know, in the lines of marketing business, changes of email
address/alias can be critical. So we're trying to minimize this issue.

We can assure you, we won't just give away firstname.lastname@xxxx to
anyone. We're making *exceptions* to just the few.

Regards.
--
Thomas Chung