Re: Alpha Core 3 is available

Oliver Falk wrote:
Am 2007-03-05 20:52, Oliver Falk schrieb:
Sergey Tikhonov schrieb:
[ ... ]
Thanks to RedHat who accept patches for Alpha.

Hm. They do? Great. However. When core is opened for everyone, I hope that AC folks will join the community and get (write) access to glibc, xorg, ... If all alpha-specific things get %ifarch-ed, it shouldn't interfere with anything.

To have all alpha specific patches in the fedora repository would be great. Maybe RH/FI (Fedora Infrastructure) is able to add alpha-builders to their infrastructure!? That's why I added them CC: :-)

At least from plague I know it's possible to add passive builders to the list. This means *we* (people who own (spare) alpha machines)) can install machines with plague or whatever it will be named then, available to the FI team for building.

I also guess it will not be too hard to add the idea of passive builders to the new koji (if it hasn't been coded yet). And well. If something doesn't build on alpha, it - of course - shouldn't break the 'normal' cycle (i386, x86_64, ppc(?))...

For me questionable points are: Do we also want extras? Or only core? Will Red Hat support this idea? Will Fedora Board/Fedora Infrastructure support this idea?

Who votes? Maybe Fedora Board?

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-March/msg00012.html

We've been discussing secondary arches for a while. We've finally made a decision to help host it but we don't have the facilities to host builders (yet). Truth be told I don't think we can even host the secondary arches yet. Their estimates are for 150-200G per arch over the next 6 months and unfortunately we just don't have that kind of storage available. With 3 arch's, alpha, sparc and ia64 thats 450G-600G. Something is on the table though and we hope to have secondary archs soon.

   -Mike