[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Hardware Trouble (?) on app1.fedora.phx.redhat.com

Both before and after the data center migration to a new rack and new switch, we have occasionally been experiencing network trouble to app1.fedora.phx.redhat.com.

Occasionally the host is inaccessible over the network, or ping responses are erratic.

Since this happened both before and after the new switch, could this perhaps be hardware trouble?

Any opinions of what we should do about this?  Perhaps...

- More closely monitor, with ping logs over time?
- Migrate app1's job to a xen guest on xen2. I assume we have more than enough capacity there?

Stacy will be in Arizona again later this month, so he will be able to take a look at our hardware then.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx