Re: Request to add Kabyle language

Modern Kabyle does not seem to use the Tifinagh script in general from my reading/understanding.

Jens

On Wed, Oct 16, 2024 at 10:51 AM Akira TAGOH <tagoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 15, 2024 at 7:34 PM Jens-Ulrik Petersen via i18n
<i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://www.omniglot.com/writing/kabyle.php and also Wikipedia has a bit more information.

Yes, that was described as a reference in kab.orth:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/fontconfig/fontconfig/-/blob/main/fc-lang/kab.orth?ref_type=heads#L27

Based on that:

On Tue, Oct 15, 2024 at 7:36 PM Jens-Ulrik Petersen via i18n
<i18n@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for multiple replies: I meant to add there are actually a number of Noto Tifinagh fonts,
> so if a particular one is more appropriate it would be good to know.

None of Tifinagh variants has the Kabyle coverage:
$ fc-scan -f "%{family[0]}:%{lang}\n"
/usr/share/fonts/google-noto/NotoSansTifinagh*
Noto Sans Tifinagh:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh APT:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Adrar:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Agraw Imazighen:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Ahaggar:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Air:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Azawagh:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Ghat:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Hawad:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Rhissa Ixa:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh SIL:ber-ma
Noto Sans Tifinagh Tawellemmet:ber-ma

Then back to my initial question.

--
Akira TAGOH

--

Jens Petersen

he/him/his

Manager, Engineering

RHEL i18n Subsystem, Display Systems Group

Core Platforms - Global/Product Engineering

Singapore