Re: Proposal: Fedora G11N Steering Committee

On 16 December 2015 at 15:52, Zoltan Hoppar <hopparz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this is a good start to have a translation steering commitee,
> but myself I don't like the "globalization" name, but understand the
> purpose. Would be nicer to rename it to Translation Steering commitee
> - (TransCom, maybe).

I liked your idea of having Translation steering/governance committee.
Translation is huge effort with many language sub-group and lots of
activity. I think we should proceed for it. We definitely need one.

At G11N level, i think L10N, I18N, Zanata and QA group should gather
and create bigger picture. We are actually doing it without any formal
group presently. So just want to have some formal group in Fedora for
this. As mentioned in proposal [1] couple of members from Translation
group can represent for input/things required from other groups in
G11N.

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_G11N_Steering_Committee_Proposal

> I suggest to have a subdomain, and a portal like site under the fpo,
> where every translaton can get an common entrypoint of informations.
> Not only wiki links, and translation portal, else I think we should
> provide new entries, avallable resources, and deadlines - allowances,
> group creation methods, acceptance percentages, changes too.

Right. We have to make this easy. We created presentation template in
recent FAD where new comers can quickly understand what things need to
be done. Noriko can share it with us.
At least easiest task is start with Wiki cleanup.

-
Pravin