Re: Announcing release of Enhanced Inscript (Inscript2) keymaps

Hi Santhosh,

On 07/19/2011 03:19 PM, Santhosh Thottingal wrote:
> On Tue, July 19, 2011 2:53 pm, Parag Nemade wrote:
>> Hi,
>>        I am happy to announce the release of Inscript2 keymaps.
>>
>> What is Inscript2?
>> --------------------------------
>> This project contains 22 Enhanced Inscript(Inscript2) keyboard layouts
>> for Indic languages. These are m17n keyboard layouts and are based on
>> the draft released by CDAC. Currently, the draft can be downloaded from
>> http://pune.cdac.in/html/gist/down/inscript_d.asp.
> AFAIK, The draft is under review and not approved so far. There are
> serious criticism on the draft raised by community(eg:
> http://wiki.smc.org.in/CDAC-Inscript-Critique)
>
> Don't we need to wait till the standard is approved and it move out of
> "Draft" status?

I think I have mentioned almost everywhere that this release is based on
draft released by CDAC. This draft is there since last few months and I
see no further updates to that draft. Also, I am in need of some testing
and feedback on real keymap usage on Linux.

Note that this is not a upstream release by m17n-lib project.

Regards,
Parag.