Re: Announcing release of Enhanced Inscript (Inscript2) keymaps

On Tue, July 19, 2011 3:36 pm, sankarshan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Santhosh Thottingal
>> Don't we need to wait till the standard is approved and it move out of
>> "Draft" status?
>
> Even though the draft is under review and, has received critical notes
> from the Malayalam community, doesn't an implementation allow the
> flaws to be demonstrated ? An experiment is, in the end, an optimal
> way to prove or, disprove a conjecture.

Are we releasing the experimental version(or implementations with flaws)
to public? It is good to have implementations to demonstrate the draft
standard. But if that is the case, it should be clearly mentioned in the
announcement. This kind of announcement misleading. Users will start using
and learning a wrong keymap.

Santhosh