Re: Showing fonts in GNOME Software

On 16 October 2014 09:59, pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx <pravin.d.s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does this means only a subset of packages will be accessible via
> gnome-software and for other users need to do dnf search/install?

Yes, or use the old gnome-packagekit tools.

> User will not see particular font unless until he search. I think good to
> allow all and let user decide which is good quality and which is not.

According to the designers we only want to show high quality fonts in
the software center; just showing everything decreases the
signal-to-noise ratio and makes it's unusable. We already filter
broken applications and the UX is much better because of it.

Richard