Re: Muli fonts packaging

Il 26/12/2013 22:40, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek ha scritto:
On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 09:03:32PM +0100, bebo_sudo wrote:
Hi all,
I'm going to package the "muli" fonts
(http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/muli) by Vernon Adams.

What I'd ask is: Is it correct to name the package
     vernon-adams-muli-fonts
Looks OK, if Vernon Adams has also made, will make, or at least
is expected to make other fonts available that might be packaged
for Fedora.

And another question: the designer, Vernon Adams, hosts the source
file on fontsquirrel, as you can see from the above link, but he
didn't set a version number. Should I set it to 1.0 or what else?
It's probably better to use the date (20131226 or something) as the
version.

I'm not an expert, so if somebody gives conflicting advice, they
are probably right.

Zbyszek
Thanks.
I got in touch with the author and he said he will release the new version this week, so I will wait for that before start packaging.

I've another problem: while I was reading the documentation [1] I didn't understand what "fontconfig rules" are. I'm not a font expert, so could someone help me understanding what I've to do? I've looked at a couple of fontconfig files [1] [2] but I don't know what is there to do.

Alberto

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Simple_fonts_spec_template
[2]: http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/apanov-heuristica-fonts.git/tree/apanov-heuristica-fonts-fontconfig.conf [3]: http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/aajohan-comfortaa-fonts.git/tree/aajohan-comfortaa-fonts-fontconfig.conf