Re: Help required for the application installer

On 25 October 2013 11:52, Akira TAGOH <tagoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, I have a plan to have a family class in the cache. it will be able to generate the summary like the above automatically with it I believe.
> That feature isn't yet merged into master because it requires bumping the cache version.

Right. I need the font metadata before the font is installed; I'm
currently using fontTools for this.

> Why don't you simply pick it up from the package description? it should has enough wording and having separate metadata looks duplicate to me though.

Yes, I'll probably fall back to this. The big problem is the way some
fonts are split, and I want the description to be of the parent font,
and not the monospace version for example.

Richard.