Re: F20 System Wide Change: Web Assets

Le Lun 22 juillet 2013 17:07, Robert Marcano a écrit :

> Fonts has licenses, some of them require the license to be shown or the
> copyright displayed, some fonts has the copyright added to their
> metadata, I don't find for example that gnu-free-serif-fonts says on
> it's metadata that is GPL+3 with exceptions.

I'd say that when a font requires some communication of licensing
downstream, but forgets to put its own license in the font metadata,
that's an upstream problem. Upstream can not complain Fedora didn't work
hard enough about something it didn't do itself.

It's another thing when the licensing actually prohibits distribution, but
we don't have those in Fedora, and people that deploy such fonts in Fedora
can write deny apache rules themselves (though providing a sample of tuch
a rule would be good)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot