Re: conky-colors fonts included in package

On 06/13/2012 06:23 PM, Bersam K wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to maintain new package called conky-colors, i found that this package
> included some fonts. i ask a friend (maintainer) and he told me that i have
> make separate packages for each font. but in case, these are not really
> alphabet fonts, they just used for svg in conky. like weather font that
> included some shape of sun, moon, wind, raining, etc. or some clocks.
> now i want to know that i have to make sub packages?
> i added this list of all fonts that will be installed by this package in
> /usr/share/fonts/TTF & /usr/share/fonts/OTF below:

If they are not Unicode-encoded characters, they definitely do not belong in
those directories.  Even if they are, maybe they still should be in a private
directory.  FcConfigAppFontAddDir() is your friend.  Just call it before Pango
or any other system kicks in.

behdad